FLORIDA’S FIRST NAVAL WARSHIP MUSEUM
Coming to Jacksonville, Florida Spring 2018!
THE MISSION: To establish the former USS Charles F. Adams (DDG-2) as the USS ADAMS Museum and Florida’s first floating naval warship museum in Downtown Jacksonville, Florida.
THE VISION: The ADAMS will excite, inspire, educate and entertain the general public by:
- Creating a dynamic Downtown Jacksonville Riverfront attraction
- Celebrating Northeast Florida’s military, maritime and naval heritage
- Providing a hands-on, interactive, STEM based vocational experience for students and youth
- Establishing a world class visitor destination in Downtown Jacksonville
- Contributing to and further stimulating the economic development of Downtown Jacksonville
CURRENT STATUS: The USS ADAMS Museum is projected to open spring 2018!
- The USS Charles F. Adams (DDG-2) was given a tentative time frame to move from the Philadelphia Navy Yard to Rhoads Industries, but the time frame was delayed based on availability and resources. Any new change in status will be addressed as we move forward.
- Once moved, she will be placed in a dry dock for initial restoration and refurbishment in preparation for her tow to Jacksonville.
- Ground breaking preparations continue on her future home at the historic Shipyards Property in Downtown Jacksonville.
- Finalization of the capital budget continues. Recruitment of sponsors, donors, volunteers and staff is ongoing.
Watch our video now for more information about the project!