Unfortunately, the United States Navy has reversed course and determined the ex USS CHARLES F ADAMS (DDG-2) will not be donated to the Jacksonville Historic Naval Ship Association (“JHNSA”) as a museum in Jacksonville, but instead will be scrapped. This decision is counter to the Navy’s recommendation in 2014 that the ex USS CHARLES F ADAMS (DDG-2) be released to the JHNSA for donation. We wish to thank Congressman Rutherford, Senators Rubio and Nelson, Governor Scott, and all the City officials for their efforts with the Secretary of the Navy to have the ex USS CHARLES F ADAMS (DDG-2) brought to Jacksonville. Although disappointed by this development, the JHNSA will continue to pursue bringing a Navy warship to downtown Jacksonville.
Point of Contact: Daniel K. Bean, President of the JHNSA, 904.887.4277 email@example.com
This public-private partnership needs your help in a number of ways:
- Volunteers to assist with fund-raising efforts
- Volunteers to support our Visitor’s Center at The Jacksonville Landing
- Volunteers, particularly Navy veterans, to help maintain and restore the ship when it arrives
- Volunteers to staff and operate the ship and Visitor’s Center
- Donations of ship’s equipment or other useful supplies