FLORIDA’S FIRST NAVAL WARSHIP MUSEUM
Coming to Jacksonville, Florida in 2017!
THE MISSION: To establish the former USS Charles F. Adams (DDG-2) as the USS ADAMS Museum and Florida’s first floating naval warship museum in Downtown Jacksonville, Florida.
THE VISION: The ADAMS will excite, inspire, educate and entertain the general public by:
- Creating a dynamic Downtown Jacksonville Riverfront attraction
- Celebrating Northeast Florida’s military, maritime and naval heritage
- Providing a hands-on, interactive, STEM based vocational experience for students and youth
- Establishing a world class visitor destination in Downtown Jacksonville
- Contributing to and further stimulating the economic development of Downtown Jacksonville
CURRENT STATUS: The USS ADAMS Museum is projected to open in 2017!
- The USS Charles F. Adams (DDG-2) is scheduled to move from the Philadelphia Navy Yard to Rhoads Industries on March 7, 2017. There, she will be placed in a dry dock for initial restoration and refurbishment, in preparation for her tow to Jacksonville.
- Pre ground breaking preparations continue on her future home at the historic Shipyards Property in Downtown Jacksonville.
- Finalization of the capital budget continues. Recruitment of sponsors, donors, volunteers and staff is ongoing.
Watch our video now for more information about the project!